Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Waiting for Sweatpants

Bracelet, Brian's Etsy Shop 


Academia: Fall B check-in week started yesterday, so I haven't really recovered from being completely zapped on Sunday. Everything went smoothly, but between registration, special program arrivals, housing help sessions, and the absolutely-must-happen-now doctor's appointments that go with infertility treatments, it was a bit of a long day. I was very happy to have sweatpants, leftovers, and TiVo waiting for me when I got home. And, obviously, my husband. Probably should have put him before sweatpants.

Sartorial: As I've written before, check-in week always requires professional attire, or at least more professional than my department's normal dress code of not naked. I've worn a couple of different variations on this outfit (here and here), but this one was my most career day-ish. I liked the menswear vibe with the girly accessories (hello, red shoes and faux pearls), and I was comfortable enough to last until the sweatpants part of my day. And on long days, getting me to sweatpants is all I want my clothes to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.