Friday, May 6, 2011

If the Shoe Fits


Serious model face

Today was the final half-day of work before the new students arrive on Monday (at which point, hello, 12-hour days). I thought this outfit was comfy but polished-looking, and good for transitioning from work to the vet, where I had to take my pukey baby Atticus earlier this afternoon. But before then, some Friend Friday questions about shoes!

  1. What is your go-to pair of shoes? It really depends on the season. In the late fall, winter (all six weeks of it) and early spring, I have a pair of red flats that I've about worn out. But in the summer, I have a lot more options. Lately I've been wearing today's gold sandals a few times a week.
  2. What goes into your shoe buying decisions? Cost per wear goes into basically every fashion decision I make. If a pair of shoes costs $50 but I know I'll wear them a lot, it's worth it (hello, Chuck Taylors from six years ago). If they cost $15 but they're so uncomfortable that I'll never wear them, I don't buy them, because I know I won't get my money's worth.
  3. The majority of shoes in your closet are what color? I have a lot of black for winter. For summer, I love metallics, because they're neutral but still have some pizzazz.
  4. When it comes to designer shoes, what are your favorite brands and why? I honestly never look at designer shoes, because I know I can't afford them and I will just feel sad if I look at them too long. My favorite pair of shoes, however, is by Gianni Bini for Dillards. Not a fancy designer, I know, but they make The Shoes of Salvation. (If haven't read The Shoes of Salvation yet, do it ASAP.)
  5. If price wasn't an issue, you'd own which shoe? I love these by Nine West. Soooo pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.