Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Tiara Day

Brian's Etsy shop



When I was little, I loved princesses. Okay, I lie. I still love princesses. I may or may not have TiVoed  the royal wedding on two channels, then bought People's royal wedding issue and squealed over every picture. But back to when I was little. When I was little, I remember reading a story about a princess in which the princess had a blue and pink striped ball gown. I have no idea what the story was, but the princess's beautiful dress stuck with me.

I think that's why I have kept this skirt for five years. It's full, a little like a ball gown, and it's blue and pink striped. I feel princessy in it. I feel like curtsying and waving without actually moving my wrist. I feel like getting out the tiara I wore to my wedding (Yes, I wore a tiara. When else could I ever?). And a tiara day, gentle readers, is always a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.