Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy Hour, Happy Outfit

Skirt, TOMS, Brian's Etsy Shop 


Academia: The longest check-in week ever is finally over, and this is what I wore for Friday, the almost-last day of it (we had a welcome picnic on Saturday). Honestly, the whole week was such a blur that I'm having trouble remembering what I did on Friday, other than crash my husband's all-guys' happy hour after work. I figured, I was going to have a beer when I got home anyway. Having one with people in a restaurant seemed less pitiful than having one by myself while watching Friends reruns in my pajamas. The guys were very gracious about being crashed, and as far as I could tell, a good time was had by all. Or at least by me.

Sartorial: Check-in week always requires more professional attire than we normally wear in my department, but by the end of the week, I was tired, cranky, and really wanting to show up to work in sweatpants. Sadly, no one has found a way to make sweatpants look professional yet, so I wore the next best thing: jersey maxi skirt (no leg-shaving, thank you), cotton cardi and cami, and TOMS, the most comfortable shoes known to man. If I had had a spare minute to sit down in my office armchair, I would have fallen right to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.