Friday, August 26, 2011

Traveling Pants

Earrings, Bracelet


Academia: It's a Friday with no students. Consequently, I went home at 2:00. Can't beat that.

Sartorial: Today's visual Friend Friday is being hosted by Ashley Getting Dressed, and let me say how excited I am that I did not forget about it this week like I have every other week for the past two months. The assignment was to focus on a favorite piece of clothing, so I chose these jeans. Let's take a closer look:


I got these jeans on sale at Loft about a year and a half ago, and they are the most comfortable jeans I have ever owned. I once wore them on a transatlantic flight. In coach. That's how comfortable they are.

Because they're so comfortable, these jeans have been everywhere with me. Here they are on a salt flat in Turkey:

I was disappointed to find that I wasn't buoyant enough to walk on two inches of salt water.
Here they are at the Sound of Music gazebo in Salzburg, Austria:

I am sixteen, going on seventeen...
And here they are at the San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo Mission in Carmel, California:

We had to wait for 20 minutes while another tourist took approximately 498 pictures of this staircase.
I have a lot of happy memories in these jeans, and for that reason, I will keep wearing them until they are so decrepit that I have to turn them into stylish denim dust rags. And even then, I bet they'll be the best dust rags I ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.