Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More Fun Than It Sounds

Blouse, Skirt 


Academia: We started a week of professional development yesterday, which is more fun than it sounds. I also got to break up with an apartment complex that I don't like yesterday, which is also more fun than it sounds. After months of not returning my emails or my students' security deposits, they had it coming. It was way easier than breaking up with a person, because I could do it over email and not seem like a jerk, and like many breakups, I had a back-up apartment complex waiting in the wings. And I didn't feel the need to cry or eat ice cream afterwards. Win-win.

Sartorial: Even though I was breaking up over email, I needed to dress for battle yesterday. For me, that means super-feminine. The higher the heels, the better. I wore a really similar outfit a few weeks ago, and it made me feel so good that I knew I needed to wear it again yesterday. I felt like a professional grownup who could handle an apartment complex breakup in her sleep. Kind of like a superhero. Pencil Skirt Woman to the rescue! Okay, that was lame. It's late and my creative brain cells are zapped. Better jokes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.