Saturday, July 2, 2011

Welcome Watermelon




Academia: I almost never post on Saturdays, but today I actually have to do a work thing, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to get another 30x30 outfit knocked out. I freaked out a little when I realized 5 outfits a week meant I wouldn't finish for six weeks. So, here's outfit 9 on a Saturday.

What I'm doing today is going to a welcome picnic for our new students. We have two a semester (one at the beginning of the full semester, one at the beginning of the half) and attendance is mandatory for faculty. I always enjoy myself, despite the fact that working on a Saturday kind of stinks. But it's just for a couple of hours, the students are excited to be there, and there's free food. I may not be a college student anymore, but I can't resist the siren call of free food.

Sartorial: Free picnic food is actually where I got my outfit inspiration for today. I was trying to figure out what to pair with these jeans (the most casual bottoms in my 30x30) when my eyes fell on this watermelon-colored top. "Watermelon is a picnic food," I thought, so I added green sandals (for the rind) and a black and white scarf (for the seeds). I'm a little literal in my fashion choices sometimes.

I asked Cary if he thought I looked like something he might eat at a picnic. That blessed man just blinked, looked me up and down, and said, "A watermelon?" when I'm sure he was wondering, "How did I marry a crazy person and not know it?" But it's too late for him, mwahahaha! He's stuck with a wife who dresses like food and then takes pictures of herself for life. But as long as I don't go the Lady Gaga route and wear actual food, I think we'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.