Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thrift and Thanks

Brian's Etsy Shop

This is my "I have an awesome skirt" dance.
Academia: Today I just want to say how grateful I am for the supportive comments y'all left in response to my post about infertility yesterday. I was nervous about putting all of that out there in Internetland, but I feel so great now after reading y'all's encouragement. Thank you so much. You were all so sensitive and compassionate. Surviving infertility so often feels like navigating a minefield of judgment - on why we don't have kids yet, on what we should do to have kids, on the completeness of our lives without kids - that unequivocal support from people I've never met other than online was both surprising and wonderful. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Sartorial: Today is Thrift Day on Everybody, Everywear. I'm not a champion thrifter like some of my fellow fashion bloggers (Meredith of Yours, Mine & Ours comes to mind - she's such a champion that she actually gets most of her clothes for free), but I do have one jewel in my thrifted crown: this skirt. This skirt is not only both vintage, a trendy midi-length, polka dotted, and bright red, but it also cost $5. I feel happy every time I wear it. I even dance a little, as you can see in the pictures. Any clothing that induces dancing is okay by me, especially when it costs $5.

Thrift | Everybody, Everywear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.