Friday, July 29, 2011

And In the End

TOMS, Earrings 
This is my "I'm finished!" dance.

Academia: Students, meetings, etc., etc. I finished the 30x30 today! Huzzah!

Sartorial: My first 30x30 is at an end. And it was easier than I thought it would be. There were a few moments of "I've worn everything already," but on the whole, it wasn't too hard to find ways to combine  these 30 items. Some things I learned along the way:
  1. Blouses over dresses are a great alternative to cardigans for covering shoulders.
  2. I probably shouldn't have bought these pants, because I only wore them once in the whole 30.
  3. Accessories are the key to making the same combination of clothes look different (like these two outfits).
  4. I didn't miss the rest of my clothes as much as I thought I would. I'm not sure if this means I don't really need more than 30 items of clothing, or that I need to invest in clothes I like more, or that I just get bored with my clothes after I have them for a while.
I'm going to post a roundup later this weekend of all the outfits, but for now, I'm happy knowing that I accomplished something. Tomorrow, my mom is taking me on a celebratory shopping trip (celebratory of my promotion at work a few months ago, not of the end of the 30x30, although the timing is pretty perfect), so expect to see some new things next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.