Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's Like a Heatwave Burning in My Heart (and My Skin, and Basically Everywhere)

Cardigan

Academia: A fairly normal day. Business meeting. Seminars for new students. Calls to the infirmary for old students. Hikes across campus. But all in the hottest, most humid weather ever. It was 90 degrees and 100% humid, and it would rain for 10 minutes at a time, which only served to make things more humid. It was like walking around in a sauna. It's like this every summer, but after a week in California, it seems particularly awful. I promise I won't gripe about the weather every day. It was just gross today, and I'm mad I'm not still in Monterey.

Sartorial: I had to look business-like today for all my activities, and I swear I tried to get up the will to wear the only pair of heels I put in my 30x30, but I just couldn't. With all the walking and sweating I knew I was going to do, I put the sandals on and figured people could just deal. And they did, as far as I can tell. Probably they were too busy trying to keep their own sweat under control.

Aaaaaand that's about as much time as I want to spend thinking about other people's sweat. And probably about as much time as you want to hear about it. So let me just go lie under a ceiling fan, and I'll see y'all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.