Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fear and Loving in My Office

Jeans, Brian's Etsy Store


I apologize for the cornball title of this post. As you're about to find out, my brain is a little fried.

Academia: The craziness of check-in week continues. I both love and fear this week every semester. I love helping the students and making them feel welcome, but I fear how tired I know I'm going to be. This week has been full of both; I feel like I've been able to put several students at ease about their transition to life in the US, but I never fully recovered from the last couple of go-go-go days of our vacation, and I haven't been sleeping well this week. I so love my job - I wish I could go back and reassure High School Emily or College Emily that it was on the horizon - but sometimes it wears me out. Good thing there's a three-day weekend coming up. Thanks for having a birthday, America!

Sartorial: Since this is check-in week, we're supposed to avoid wearing jeans and t-shirts, in order to make a good first impression on the students. But I feel like I've worn all the dresses and skirts in my 30x30 already, so I wanted to find a way to dress up these jeans a little. I think this blouse does it, combined with some metallic jewelry and shoes. And I really liked it. I love white blouses with dark jeans. A perfect pick-me-up for a very sleepy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.