Monday, June 20, 2011

Guest Lecturer: Shea from Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique

Meet Academia Sartorial's first guest lecturer, Shea from Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique! Shea is a French teacher, chef extraordinaire (see that French vocab I slipped in? Six years of college, y'all), and fabulous dresser. She blogs about fashion and food, and always makes me want to shop/eat. Okay, I generally want to shop/eat. But Shea inspires me to shop/eat better. I love her and I know you will too. Enjoy!



Bonjour Academia Sartorial readers, I’m Shea from the blog Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique. Emily asked me to guest post for her while she enjoys a summer vacation. (I know, I’m jealous too.)

When trying to come up with an idea for this post, I was thinking about the things that Emily and I have in common. We both share a love of the television show Friends, but I feared that a post filled with nothing but Friends quotes might not be quite right for a personal style blog. Then I realized we have something else in common: we’re both book lovers. (By the way, do you remember the episode when Joey was reading The Shining but he had to put it in the freezer because it was too scary? Sorry… couldn’t help it.)

A few weeks ago Emily styled an outfit that was inspired by a book cover, and I loved that idea so much I wanted to do it myself. So, I chose one of my favorite reads, Julie and Julia by Julie Powell, and used it as the inspiration for this outfit.

I must say, I had fun styling an outfit inspired by a book cover. Next time I’m stumped about what to wear, I might just have to peruse my book shelves for some more inspiration!

Outfit details: t-shirt: Old Navy; cropped khakis: Gap; scarf in hair: so old I don’t remember where it’s from (which usually means Target); earrings: Target; sandals: Merona, Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.