Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Where Have All the Flowers Gone?

Shoes, Brian's Etsy shop

Answer: Gone to my super-floral dress, every one.

Academia: Today has been another day of helping students find housing (and in an hour, go shopping). I've been in and out of apartment complexes all day, and have memorized the leases and advertising spiels so completely that one of the leasing agents said I should work for them. I was a little flattered, and a little I'm-clearly-spending-too-much-time-here.

Also, I had to wake up in the middle of the night last night to take Cary to work - he's taking his 5th graders to Washington, DC this week and had to leave school for the airport at 3:00 in the morning. So I might collapse at my desk am a little tired right now. Cary has our camera, so I had to figure out a new camera this morning, hence the distant and slightly blurry pictures (many thanks to Suzanne and Dr. Mike for the use of their camera).

Sartorial: It's Everybody, Everywear's Florals Day. This is the floweriest thing I have, but I struggled with how to match it to our orientation week "dress professionally" mandate. I tried tucking the dress into pants and skirts, and finally just gave up and threw on my go-to professional article of clothing, the blazer. Too bad it's in the 90s today and I spent half the day with it off. I guess I'll just have to go shopping for a lightweight summer blazer. Darn.

Florals | Everybody, Everywear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.