Sunday, May 22, 2011

Going to the Chapel


Academia: Cary and I went to a wedding yesterday, in the neighboring town to the town where we got married almost five years ago. It was a morning wedding, starting at 11:30, and the ceremony was a traditional Episcopal service. The reception began with a cocktail hour, followed by a buffet lunch. It was a beautiful day - a lovely ceremony and a great party. I love weddings.

Also, we got to hang out with one of my very dearest friends, Debra. I met Debra the same week I met Cary, working at camp the summer after my freshman year of college. So yeah, that was a pretty good week for me. Because the wedding was early in the day and about three hours away from our town and Debra's, we all spent Friday night in the hotel where we had our wedding reception. It was great to revisit a place that holds such happy memories for us, and to spend time with Debra.
Yep, we're classy ladies.
Sartorial: To me, morning weddings, especially in the South in the summer, call for breezy skirts and blouses or brightly colored sundresses for women, and ties (but not necessarily jackets) for men. I thought this skirt and blouse fit the bill. Most of the people at the wedding were dressed similarly, but a few seemed not to have gotten the memo. A couple were in satin and sequined mini-dresses, which I think would be borderline even for an evening wedding, or untucked polo shirts. Not even for a beach wedding, y'all.

I may be a bit too judgy. I should probably work on that. But really, sequined mini-dresses to a church wedding? Really?
Debra and I getting dressed the morning of my wedding. I'm trying to pin her in place, not punch her in the shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.