Monday, May 23, 2011

Answered Prayer = Busy Day

Cardigan, Brian's Etsy shop 



Academia: It was a busy, busy day. I started at 8:00 with the first meeting of my work prayer group. I've started getting together with two other Christian faculty members once a week to pray for our students and each other. It was such a great way to start the week, and it quickly became clear that God was definitely listening when I prayed to be given lots of opportunities to help the students this week. I ended up needing to walk to the infirmary (20 minutes from my office) to help a beginning-level student get immunized because he had no idea what any of the nurses were saying to him, as well as write an insurance appeal letter for another student, two things I've never done before. It was great to help in new ways, but between all of that and getting ready for Cary's birthday tomorrow and a meeting at church this evening, I'm wiped out!

Also, I was checking blogs in a slow minute this morning and saw that I got a shout-out from Shea at Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique today. It was a great surprise. Thanks, Shea!

Sartorial: I've been searching for the perfect cardigan for this dress forever, and I think I've finally found it. I felt polished and stayed cool, except for my 40-minute round trip to the infirmary, because it's really impossible to stay cool for 40 minutes in 95-degree heat. But I loved the nude shade with the bright turquoise of the dress, and got an, "Oooh, teacher!" from a student. A high compliment indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.