Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Pillars of My Closet




Blouse: ModCloth
Jeans: Levi's 545s
Shoes: Target
Belt and scarf: Thrifted
Bracelets: Inherited from grandmother

I stayed up late last night finishing The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. It's a huge book and it took me a while to get going with it, but once I got to the last 200 pages or so, I couldn't stop. It's about the building of a cathedral in 12th century England, and the builders, monks, kings, and peasants involved, and it's a great piece of literature. I'm watching the miniseries on Netflix as I type. So good.

Unfortunately, staying up late reading meant that I didn't plan an outfit for this morning, and also that I overslept, so I had no ideas at all going into getting dressed. I tried to get fancy with outfits I had never even thought about before, but ended up relying on some go-to items: jeans, a button-down shirt, flat shoes, and a hair scarf (a short-haired girl's best friend). This is what I wear pretty much every time I run out of style creativity. Which, given how much I seem to oversleep and dress in a panicky rush, turns out to be rather a lot.

P.S. This is the second day in a row that I haven't worn anything from LOFT. I'm not trying to eliminate LOFT from my wardrobe (because really, how could I?), but I feel less like a LOFT one-trick pony today. I probably can't keep this up for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.