Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Swirly Skirts





Dress: Kohl's
Blazer: Gap
Shoes: Rack Room
Necklace and earrings: Inherited from grandmother

Kendi of Kendi Everyday posted last week that she is obsessed with pencil skirts. Well, Kendi is to pencil skirts what I am to big skirts that swirl when I spin around. A-lines, ball gowns, hell, even poodle skirts - they all make me happy. The skirt of this particular dress would be a perfect circle if the dress were deconstructed, which means it swirls excellently. That's half the reason I own this dress (the other half being that I was going to a funeral and needed something black, or at least partly black. Yeah, not as much fun.).

All day, I found myself discreetly spinning in my office, in class, in the bathroom, just to feel the dress swirl. Then I went shopping after work and bought another big skirt, which I think I'm going to wear tomorrow. I just can't stay away from the swirliness. My inner six-year-old is totally the boss of me.

This is just too fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.