Thursday, March 15, 2012

It's a...




Academia: Among all the exciting days in my life, Tuesday was probably in the top five. Cary and I went for an ultrasound and got to find out the sex of our baby. I'm so psyched to tell y'all. Are you ready? It's a...

...girl!

I couldn't be more thrilled. I think I would be equally excited if she had been a boy - I'm really just happy to be having a baby - but I keep thinking about how close I have always been with my mom and imagining all the fun girl stuff my daughter and I can do together. Cary is excited too; he made a t-shirt that says, "It's a girl!" and wore it to school today to announce it to the kids in his fifth grade class. I can't wait to see him in action as a dad.

Plus, all the adorable baby girl clothes! I went in Gymboree after my ultrasound and saw a bib that was in the shape of a giant strawberry, complete with ruffly little green leaves. Who can pass up that kind of stuff? Keep an eye out late this year, y'all; you may see some mother-daughter posts on this blog. Having a girl makes it way too easy to have a super-stylish kid.

Sartorial: I was feeling very girly yesterday (must be all the extra estrogen), so I wore this. I couldn't think of anything better to be wearing when I told my colleagues and students that I was having a girl. Baby C kicked me a lot while I was wearing it, so I think she liked it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.