Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back with Big News

Hey everyone. I'm back.

If anyone is still out there reading this, you probably noticed that I gave myself two weeks off for the holidays. There are a lot of reasons for that, but they all boil down to one big reason, and I'm really excited to share that one big reason with you now.

I'm pregnant.

If you've been reading for a while, you know that my husband Cary and I have been trying to have a baby for three years, so you can imagine how psyched we are. Right now I'm almost nine weeks along, we've seen the baby's heartbeat, and we feel pretty confident that things are going well, so I figured now was a good time to share with all of y'all. Yay!

I'm so, so happy to be a mother-to-be, but obviously my pregnancy hasn't been great for the blog. I'm tired a lot, and all I really want to do is wear sweatpants and lay on the couch. And since I didn't have to do anything but wear sweatpants and lay on the couch over Christmas break, I didn't take any pictures. I figured y'all know what sweatpants look like!

But I'm back to work this week, and even my super-casual university tends to frown on wearing a Snuggie to work (although I got one for Christmas and man, is it awesome), so I'm going to start taking pictures again. I'm going to try to limit myself to three posts a week instead of five, though, at least during my first trimester. That way, if I have a day when I'm too tired to do anything but roll into bed after work, or when none of my clothes fit me right, I can give myself a break and not worry too much about it.

I'm due in August, so I'm sure there are some interesting posts coming about how to dress when you're enormously pregnant in 95 degree heat. I want to stay true to the mission of this blog throughout my pregnancy: to prove that style and smarts are not mutually exclusive, even for pregnant ladies. Thank you all so much for reading so far, and I hope you keep reading along with this new sartorial adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.