Monday, December 12, 2011

Pageant, Etc.

TOMS, The Poppy Chain Boutique 


Academia: Sometimes the nicest weekends are the most random ones. Over the past 48 hours, I have done the following:

  1. Had a visit from my mom
  2. Been inducted into PEO (my mom is also a PEO, which is why she came)
  3. Went to my godson's baptism
  4. Attended a local church's Christmas pageant, which wasn't so much a pageant as a 90 minute variety show that included a medieval court performance, a rendition of "The 12 Days of Christmas" in which the partridge in the pear tree kept forgetting to hold up her sign, a musical retelling of the Christmas story with a completely immobile Mary and Joseph (they just sat there holding Baby Jesus for upwards of 20 minutes), and a giant fake boar's head. Yeah, it was weird.
And it was all delightful. At the pageant, my friend Brian went to ask one of the greeters if she had a tissue, and she made him hand out church-themed calendars while she went to find him one. I love living in a small town.

Sartorial: I wore this outfit on Friday, to work, to clean my house before my mom's arrival, and to the pageant. Any outfit flexible enough for all of that is an okay outfit by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.