Thursday, October 20, 2011

Church Lady Approved




Academia: Wednesdays are always busy days for me, especially lately. Yesterday started with a doctor's appointment at 8:00, followed by a full day at work. After work every Wednesday, I meet with two other Christian faculty members for a short prayer group; we pray for each other and our students and colleagues. And for the past month or so, Cary and I have been taking a marriage class at our church, which starts right after I get home from my prayer group, so I usually have enough time to run in the door, drop my lunch box, and head out. Wednesdays are always good days for me, but I'm also always ready to fall into bed as soon as I get home.

Sartorial: Long days require comfy clothes. Good things it was leggings o'clock yesterday! I felt like I colored outside the lines a bit trying to jazz up this black tunic, but I think I liked the effect of the blouse over the tunic. I got a compliment from a sartorially conservative woman at our church marriage class, so I guess it wasn't too weird an outfit.

The church ladies at my church are pretty open-minded, though. Not like this lady. Thank heaven, literally. So their stamp of approval might not mean this isn't weird. What do y'all think? Too far out on a limb? Or just right for international students, church ladies, and all points in between?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.