Monday, August 22, 2011

Brunch with Benefits

Earrings


Academia: Another day off today, huzzah! I had to go to benefits enrollment for new hires this morning, but that only took an hour and a half and then I went to brunch with some friends who are also former adjuncts recently hired as full-time faculty. Now I'm at home, watching Doctor Who and waiting for our regular afternoon thunderstorm. Not many better ways to spend an afternoon.

Sartorial: I had one of those mornings where I hated all my clothes, but once I put this on, I liked it a lot more than I expected to. The black and white pattern mixing with the plaid and the animal print shoes was fun, and pairing the lumberjack-looking blouse with a dress and girly shoes and accessories dressed it more than I thought it would. All in all, not bad.

Bonus: Cary and I went to Islands of Adventure this weekend, and more specifically, to Harry Potter Land! We had a great time visiting Ollivander's wand shop, drinking butterbeer, and touring Hogwarts. Pictures follow below:

Watching moving photos in the bookstore window; drinking pumpkin juice in front of the Hogwarts Express 
Posing in front of Hogwarts; butterbeer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.