Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ain't No Hollaback Girl

T-shirt
This is my "I'm going to the beach!" dance.

Academia: Well, this week got weirder. Universe, you win. One of our teachers had emergency surgery this week (one of many teachers out this week, which created a fun sub shortage), and I've been subbing for his class. Today I found out that he's only coming back part-time, so I'll be teaching his class for the rest of the semester. In addition to the other class I teach. And my official job as an advisor. It's only for three more weeks and I really don't mind because we were in a genuine pinch, but this week has just been bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Fortunately, I'm no longer in my town. I'm on Tybee Island, Georgia! Cary and left after I fled before anything else weird could happen got home from work, and will be here until Sunday. I love this island - it's beautiful, quirky, and apparently the summer home of Sandra Bullock. My mom and aunt have been dedicatedly observing her house, and there's a car there, but no sign of Sandra as yet. There's only one grocery store on the island though, and she's got to eat sometime, so staking out the IGA might be in my near future.

Sartorial: Today was the first day of the 30x30 that I felt truly stumped. It seemed like all of my tops and all of my bottoms had already been paired up, and it took some careful study of my closet to come up with something that was new, work-appropriate, and comfortable for a long car ride. I think this outfit turned out okay though.

Also, one of my friends from work emailed me this TED talk by Jessi Arlington about remixed and thrifted fashion. She said it reminded her of me, but on steroids. And she doesn't even know I have a style blog! I took this as a high compliment. Check it out; although we may not all aspire to be quite as extreme as this blogger in our remixed thriftiness, I think there's a lot of inspiration to be had here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.