Wednesday, May 25, 2011

University of Five Guys Fashion

Earrings

Academia: Today, I went to work and tried to make my body forget I ate Five Guys for dinner last night. That restaurant is so delicious, and so likely to make you feel gross after you eat it. My Five Guys belly played a big role in my fashion choices today...

Sartorial: ... mainly in that I didn't want to wear a belt (gasp, but I'm a blogger!), denim, pants of any kind, really, or anything that would squeeze my midsection in any way, shape, or form. So I pulled out this skirt and top and all of a sudden became College Emily again.

I got both of these pieces in college, and they're pretty representative of what "dressed up" meant to me when I was 21. Solid colored shirt, patterned a-line skirt. I didn't wear this every day (shorts and t-shirts were for every day), but for fancy occasions, this was what I relied on.

I actually got the skirt to wear when I studied abroad in Spain in 2005, because I heard that Spanish women dressed up more than American women. Which turned out to be 100% true - it was not quite as hot as the surface of the sun in Sevilla that summer, and everyone was walking around in dresses and heels. I wore skirts or capris every day. It was a good sartorial experience - got me out of my t-shirt rut. And, you know, that whole "living in another country" thing was a good experience too. 


College Me in the skirt during a weekend trip to Portugal.
Also, I joined Independent Fashion Bloggers today. I thought it seemed like a good way to get plugged in to the blogging community. I haven't set up my profile or even figured out where to find the button so I can put it on my homepage (help, anyone?), but I've gotten a LOT of friend requests. So, is that normal, my more experienced blogger friends? I mean, I'm happy to be friends with anyone. But did I get all these requests because I am so plainly fabulous that everyone wants to be friends with me, or because this is pretty normal for everyone who joins IFB?

Edit: Five minutes after I posted this, I went back to IFB and saw the big "Get the IFB badge!" link on my dashboard. It took six years of higher education to attain this level of intelligence, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.