Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Primary Colors

Jeans, ShoesEarrings



Academia: Got woken up by Atticus continuously from 5:00 to 6:00 this morning. Overslept. Ate breakfast in the car. Helped a student find daycare for her baby, helped another student find a sublease. Took a five-minute nap in my pink armchair. Jumped a few inches out of my pink armchair when I woke up and realized I had fallen asleep at work (thanks, Atticus). Came home, ate dinner with Cary and Brian, and went to a meeting at church. Should I discontinue this section of my posts? I feel like I write the same thing every day. My job isn't boring to me at all, but it sounds kind of boring written down.

Sartorial: This outfit is the end result of 15 minutes of trying things on and pulling them off and throwing them in a pile on the bed. It's a little chillier than normal here (and by chillier, I mean not 90 degrees), so I wanted jeans this morning. Maybe someday I'll get tired of these jeans, but that day is not today. It probably won't be tomorrow either.

I tried this scarf on as a belt on another outfit a few weeks ago. It wasn't right for that outfit, but I knew it would be a good belt with something else, so I was excited when it worked today. I liked the combination of primary colors in today's ensemble, which is echoed in the belt and earrings (which, you can't really see, are Scrabble tiles with yellow and red beads). After yesterday's all-neutral get-up, this was a nice change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.