Friday, May 27, 2011

Dresser's Block and Friend Friday

Jeans, Brian's Etsy shop

Academia: After work, Cary and I went to the AT&T store and he got an iPhone 4, which we used to take these super-high def pictures on campus this evening. Brian was with us, and it was fun to pose in a pretty location with what felt like my personal team of photographers. Maybe this will inspire me to venture out into the world more often, which I'm sure will be a relief to y'all - you must be starting to feel like you've been trapped in my backyard forever!

Sartorial: Y'all ever have a day where you're just plain out of creativity? Today is that day for me. Can we call it dresser's block? Inventing a catchphrase like "dresser's block" would be really exciting for me. I know you've seen these jeans with pretty much every t-shirt I own, but I just wasn't feeling any of my dresses or skirts today and I didn't have time to iron my other pants. So I put this on and added a fancy necklace in the hope that you would be distracted. Did it work? No? Ummm... oh look, Friend Friday questions!
  1. How often do you get your hair cut? Even though I'm growing it out right now, I still go every five weeks or so. Short hair can get ugly real fast when it's in an in-between stage, so I regularly check in with the salon to keep it maintained. Once it's the length I want (a little above shoulder-length), I'll probably go every 2-3 months to keep it the right length and looking healthy.
  2. Do you go to the same stylist each time, try someone new, go to the cheap hair cutting chains, or live it up in a salon? I go to the same stylist each time, and she works in a salon. She charges $20 for a shampoo, cut, and blow dry, which I think it pretty reasonable, considering the peace of mind I get from never having to worry that she's going to wreck my hair.
  3. Do you color your hair? How often? What's your natural color? This is my natural color. I've never colored my hair, except with Sun-In at the beach once or twice. Coloring seems like an expensive regimen (if it's done well) that's hard to quit once you start, and I like my natural color anyway. I'm not anti-coloring, it's just not for me.
  4. The one thing you always do to keep your hair looking great is: Wash every day with volumizing shampoo and conditioner, and blow dry with a round brush. I have super-fine hair that looks greasy after 24 hours of not washing, so washing every day is a must. And if I don't blow it dry, it just hangs there, looking flat, so I blow dry upside down for a minute, then stand back up and use the brush to help dry from the roots and turn the ends under.
  5. What hair trend do you love and wish you could rock? I've had short hair since high school, and I really miss being able to put it up. I'm anxiously awaiting the day when it's long enough to put in the milkmaid braids or bun that every fashion blogger seems to wear so well!
A portrait of the artist. This is Brian, whose jewelry I wear pretty much every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.