Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sweet Home Alabama





Reasons to dress down on a Thursday:
  1. I'm grading papers at home. The only people who will see me today are the people in the grocery store, the cats, Cary (who can't get rid of me), my sister and brother-in-law (who can't get rid of me), and my friends Jose and Adrienne (who could get rid of me but probably won't).
  2. It's 90 degrees out.
  3. Apparently the Apocalypse has arrived in the South in the form of ginormous tornadoes. While I wasn't anywhere near the insane damage that happened yesterday, the same storm system is coming my way today. I don't think we're supposed to see tornadoes, but inclement weather calls for comfortable clothes.
Seriously, did y'all see the footage of those tornadoes in Alabama? My aunt and cousin live in Birmingham, and I spent a good hour thinking they might have been sucked up by the 1.5-mile-wide tornado that ripped through town. They weren't (although they did spend some quality time hanging out in their basement). And I was just in Tuscaloosa, home of the University of Alabama, a city which is completely devastated now. The people there were so gracious and the town is lovely. Since I live in another Southern college town, Tuscaloosa is especially on my mind today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.