Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Slow Down, Turbo





Shirt: Old Navy
Jeans and blazer: Gap
Shoes: Target
Belt: Vintage from consignment shop
Earrings: Brian Moody

To begin today, I quote the great Smokey Robinson:
Take a good look at my face
You'll see my smile looks out of place
And that's because I got a speeding ticket on the way home, which I'm sure is what Smokey was singing about all along. Okay, maybe he was singing about getting dumped, but my picture smile definitely does look a little fake today. That's because I'm inwardly sulking, and in an interesting twist of fate, sulk is a word I just taught my class today.

Seriously, I've been driving for almost 11 years, and have gotten exactly two speeding tickets, both within the last year. Am I in more of a hurry now than I was in my younger days? No, if anything, I drive slower. My 19-year-old self deserved a million speeding tickets, but somehow never got one. Maybe all those tickets I should have gotten are coming back to haunt me. Or maybe my city needs to post speed limits more clearly, because both times I've gotten a ticket have been when I thought the speed limit was one thing and it was actually another. Surprisingly, the fine police officers of my city don't think that's a good enough reason not to give me a ticket.

On the positive side, I really had nothing to say about today other than it rained and I wore clothes, so at least this ticket has given me some blog material. Y'all can stay tuned for upcoming posts on my visit to the Clerk of Court and online points-erasing traffic school, both of which I'm sure will yield a veritable cornucopia of interesting subjects to write about.

4 comments:

  1. Ewww for speeding tickets. Definitely keep me posted on online traffic school :) I love how the gold belt adds a pretty vintage touch to this modern look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the speeding tickets. But that blazer is awesome! Looking good!

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the shoes you are wearing!!

    Monique xx

    misszuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.