Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pigtails to Work

Jeans



I've been growing my hair out for a couple of months now, and it's finally long enough to do something other than hang there. It's not quite ponytail or braid length yet, but it is long enough for pigtails. I've been pulling it back this way to go to the gym and when I'm at home, but I haven't tried it for work. Mostly, I think pigtails are out of place for grown-ups with jobs, but today was a very casual day (no classes, only grading, and only for half a day) and the temptation to do something with my hair overpowered me. So here you have it: pigtails to work. I'm waiting for the fashion gods to smite me.

I tried to avoid looking 12 years old by adding a scarf (recognize my belt from Tuesday?) and not wearing overalls (which are on the racks in Target now, FYI). I'm not sure if I succeeded, but I felt cute and no one asked me where my mother was when I stopped in the grocery store on the way home.

What do y'all think? Are pigtails okay for adults? How casual is too casual?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.