Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Orange Blossom Special




T-shirt: LOFT
Skirt: Urban Outfitters via consignment shop
Shoes and belt: Target
Necklace: Inherited from Cary's grandmother
Earrings: Gift from student

I told you the musical interludes were here to stay. Y'all, my father is an engineer by trade and, as he puts it, a musician by everything else, so I can probably keep coming up with music-related blog post titles for a while. The first song I ever remember hearing is Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, no joke. Today's honorary song, Orange Blossom Special, is a bluegrass classic. You can check out Steve Martin (yes, that Steve Martin) and the Steep Canyon Rangers playing it here.

Anyway, Orange Blossom Special got a shout-out today because I started putting on citrus hues this morning and couldn't stop. I started with the skirt, which is pretty non-citrusy on its own, but once I added the pink shirt, I just had to keep going. I went all out with yellow shoes, a coral necklace, and lime earrings. I look a little like the inside of a grapefruit, but I feel happy (and much sweeter than a grapefruit, yuck). I feel the way an orange blossom smells, and if you've never smelled an orange blossom, you need to get yourself to a grove like, yesterday, because it's that wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. I totally thrifted this same belt. Now if only I could thrift those yellow shoes. :)

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that belt! It's fabulously neutral and the perfect width.

    Spring in MN? Maybe April if we're lucky. This year has been especially horrid as far as winter goes. It's snowing as I type - we accumulated several inches today and traffic is absurd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I love this belt. It's the perfect size and goes with everything. I brought it on a four-week trip to Europe and western Asia last summer and it took my limited wardrobe a loooong way.

    ReplyDelete

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.