Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Comfort/Social Appropriateness Scale




Dress: LOFT
Cardigan, leggings, and belt: Target
Shoes: TOMS
Jewelry: Bead for Life (Necklaces: Katogo Long, doubled, and Katogo Short. Bracelets: Bangle)

Well, it did not get sunnier today. The day started gray and quickly turned to black. It poured all afternoon, apparently; I have a windowless office so I have to rely on the relative dryness of the students who come to see me to help me gauge what's going on outside.

All this rain and chilliness made me want to wear sweatpants and stay home with a cup of tea and good book. Unfortunately, the university and I don't see eye to eye on this particular rainy day plan, so I had to go to work, but if I was going, I was going in leggings. Leggings are just a step above sweatpants on the Comfort/Social Appropriateness Scale (yes, it's a real scale. Yes, I just made it up. The only thing below sweatpants is naked.). They're comfy like sweatpants, but unlike sweatpants, you can wear them outside without looking like you're about to get ambushed by Clinton and Stacy.

Then again, I kind of want to get ambushed by Clinton and Stacy. I think we could be BFFs. I would be their best client ever because I would really, really want the clothes. I would never argue with them or insist on going back to my original hairstyle at the end. So maybe sweatpants are the way to go for a little while. Y'all would nominate me if I started posting sweatpants pictures, right? Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.