Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ode to Capris





Blouse: LOFT
Pants: Anthropologie via a consignment shop near campus
Shoes: Rack Room
Earrings: Tiny boutique in a tiny town near here
Bracelets: Inherited from grandmother

It was 80 degrees here. In February. Even for the Deep South, this is a little unusual. I didn't even take a jacket to work. It was perfect weather to try out my new pants, and inspired me to write an ode to the staple pants of the South, capris.

Dear capris,

For years you have covered my legs without making me hot, and it's time I said thank you. You have allowed me to stay cool and work-appropriate in Southern summers, which is no small feat. I have heard fashionista types decrying the way you make ladies' legs look short, but they probably don't live down here and therefore can't understand how much we need you. When the air you breathe from St. Patrick's Day to Christmas is slightly warmer and wetter than the air in a sauna, you need lightweight, shorter pants, and capris, you fit the bill. Your newest incarnation in my closet even looks like seersucker, and we all know seersucker is the grandmama of dressy Southern clothes. So from the bottom of my heart, and midway down my calves, I thank you, capris. May you always be in style, or at least enough in style to not look totally dated wearing you.

Love,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.