Monday, February 7, 2011

Cowgirls, Camouflage, and Condensation



T-shirt and skirt: LOFT
Cardigan, tights, and belt: Target
Boots: Dillards
Necklace: Roadside stand in Turkey

Today's pictures are inside because this was the nastiest, wettest, windiest day of the whole winter. I got drenched walking across campus because my cheapo umbrella turned inside out four times. My boots got soaked through and I had to leave them drying in front of the space heater in my office while I taught a class in my stockings. The awesome wrinkly quality of my skirt went away because it was attacked by sideways rain. When I got home, I still wasn't totally dry and felt a bit bedraggled and never wanted to go outside again. Thus the inside, badly lit pictures, especially the one with the sad face.

I actually test-ran this outfit at church yesterday. I like trying out new outfits at church because it's completely different group of people than I see at work on Monday and they are hopefully less judgy than I find myself to be sometimes. The only verbal reaction I got was, "Hey, Cowgirl Emily!" which I'm okay with. I liked feeling a little western, but not too costumey. It was fun. Plus, I felt clever for camouflaging the line where the waist of my tights tried to cut me in half with a belt. Ah, self-congratulation. Always a feeling encouraged in church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.