Thursday, February 3, 2011

Born to Be Wild




Dress: Francesca's
Leggings: Target
Jacket: LOFT
Boots: Dillards
Belt: Target
Scarf: Inherited from grandmother
Earrings: Thrifted
Necklace: Inherited from Cary's grandmother

I had a completely different outfit planned for today. It was super-feminine and dainty looking, involving very girly patterned tights and red patent leather flats. Sometimes I dress like my five-year-old self, what can I say? I was really excited about it and woke up earlier than normal to iron my dress. Except when I woke up, I woke up to this:


Okay, so it wasn't really a hurricane, but it was the kind of torrential downpour that the South usually saves for July and August. What I really wanted to wear at that point was sweatpants and hiking socks, but that would have involved staying home and we are not independently wealthy, so I had to figure out how to dress for work. Warmth and dryness were my two main priorities. I started with the boots and worked my way up. Leggings make me feel cozy at work, so I grabbed those and then tried to figure out which of my tunics I hadn't worn in at least a week, which narrowed it down to this one and one that needed to be ironed. By then it was waaaay too late to iron, so this one won.

Once the whole outfit was together, I felt pretty badass. The jean jacket, boots, and metallic details made me feel like the preppier university version of a biker chick. So then I came to work, roughed up some students, and rode off on my Harley. Except actually, I came to work, taught classes, ate a Lean Cuisine pizza, and drove some students to an art museum in my Nissan Murano. Then I went home and cleaned my house to have friends over to watch Top Chef. That's the kind of badass I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.