Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

The Poppy Chain Boutique


Academia: I could yammer on about students, the end of the semester, how the writers of my favorite TV shows seem to be conspiring to get every single character on every show pregnant (on behalf of infertile couples who turn to TV for an escape across America, you all suck), but none of that is as interesting as the fact that I'm wearing a necklace that I WON today!

Sartorial: I have been reading fashion blogs forever, and I finally won a giveaway! I'm so excited - I never win stuff! This one was hosted by Whitney and Monica of Ask the Duplex (a truly fabulous blog you should all check out), and the prize was $25 to the Poppy Chain Boutique. I love long pendant necklaces and I never have enough, so I chose this one and Ashley of the Poppy Chain sent it to me right away.

I adore this necklace and wanted to wear something that would show it off, so I went with my blank canvas black dress, added a blouse in the same color as the chrysanthemum on the necklace, and finished it off with my new favorite shoes. I felt so pretty and whimsical in this outfit that you could have cast me in New Girl with Zooey Deschanel, the queen of pretty and whimsical. And hey, no one is pregnant on New Girl yet either, which makes it the perfect TV escape; no pregnancies and pretty clothes are my top two requirements for TV viewing right now. Which is why I love you, Modern Family, and not you, The Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.