Monday, October 31, 2011

Adventure Camp




Academia: All weekends are lovely, but some weekends are lovelier than others. This past weekend was one of the loveliest. I was supposed to be at a women's adventure camp with my mom and my friend Debra, but it was canceled due to low enrollment. We were all disappointed, but decided to have a girls' weekend at my parents' house anyway. And then Debra had the fabulous idea to spend Saturday at the spa.

OMG, y'all. I'd never been to a spa before. It was sooooooo good. We ate lunch by the pool in our spa bathrobes. We got manicures and pedicures. They had free chocolate-covered pretzels, which was one of the best parts. Debra kept saying, "Yay adventure camp!" and I whole-heartedly agree. Yay adventure camp indeed.

Sartorial: Since I was driving three hours directly from work on Friday, I wanted to be comfortable, and this dress is one of the comfiest I own. I've worn it with every cardigan and jacket I have, so I tried something new this time: the t-shirt under the dress. I was worried that it would look a little schoolgirlish, but I think it worked out okay. And I was comfy in the car, although not nearly as comfy as I was at the spa. Good grief, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.