Monday, July 18, 2011

Finite Incantatem

Jeans, TOMS, Brian's Etsy Shop

Academia: Work, classes, blah blah. The real news today is that Cary and I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.

My love for Harry Potter is pretty serious. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being "What's a muggle?" and 10 being "I made my own Sorting Hat and it put me in Gryffindor," I'd put myself at a solid 8.5. I haven't made my own Sorting Hat. Yet. But I did take the Facebook Sorting Hat quiz. Ravenclaw, if you're wondering. So it was with great eagerness that I went to the movie theater tonight, and I was not disappointed. I laughed, I cried, I clutched Cary's arm, I cried some more. I even applauded. Although I really wanted to clap way more than the rest of the audience seemed to. Seriously, an ass-kicking Neville Longbottom? Even if you read the book and knew it was coming, how do you not burst into applause? So yeah, two thumbs up.

Sartorial: I didn't set out this morning to look like I was about to board the Hogwarts Express, but when I looked at myself in the mirror just before heading to the movie, I realized that I kind of did. Long, floaty black top? Long, floaty dark pants? Just slap a scarf in my house colors on me and I'm ready for Defense Against the Dark Arts class.

P.S. I put a bunch of links to Wikipedia articles about Harry Potter in this post, in case you haven't read the books and have no idea what I'm talking about. Although if you haven't read the books, I'm not sure how helpful these will really be. Sorry.

Hogwarts, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Academia Sartorial 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.